There are two Types of Extra Credit
Visiting a Science Museum (maximum credit 2% for each science museum)
Cranbrook - Birmingham, MI
Detroit Science Center - Detroit, MI
Impression Five - Lansing, MI
Hands-On-Science Center - Ann Arbor, MI
Regional Science Center (2% max)
Chicago Museum Of Science and Industry - Chicago, Il
Ontario Science Center - Toronto, CA
National Science Center (2% max)
The Smithsonian - Washington, DC
Visiting Virtual Science Museums (maximum credit 2%)
Go to ScienceScene.com and select the Virtual Science Museums.
You will find a list of Virtual
Science Museums from around the world. Review the list and
select 10 museums that interest you.
For each Museum selected:
1. Print page one of the home page for the Virtual Science Museum that you selected.
2. List the "sections of the museum or web site"
3. Discuss the contents of the site
4. Identify any areas, of the site, that match the Topics of the course.
5. Discuss how the web site applies to the Topics of the course.
6. Your opinion as to the quality of
the site on a scale of one (1) to five (5), with one poor
and five (5) being outstanding.
If, on your wanderings, you come upon an outstanding site: These might include :Museum Web Site, magazine, article, encyclopedia, dictionary, glossary or definitions. Forward their URL and a brief description to my e-mail address:
Please Note: ALL extra credit must be submitted before the last week of the semester.
E-mail Suggestions, Problems, Additions, Changes or Deletions